Young Adults At The Kirk
Who are we?
The Kirk young adults are a group of single, married, couples with children, young professionals, and still discerning children of God. We enjoy wrestling with our faith as it intersects with the everyday challenges of life. We love to break bread together through meals, engage God through fellowship, and deepen our walk with Christ through study.
If you would like to know more about what we are up to, or are simply looking for someone to talk to about life, where God is calling you, if there is a God, or if there is hope for mankind, please contact Amanda Golbek, Associate Pastor for Youth and Young Adults, email@example.com, Facebook: Amanda Therevgolbek, Twitter: @Rev_Amanda
Looking for a way to put your faith into action?
Here are a few ways for young adults at the Kirk to connect with Christ through service.
- Habitat for Humanity: The Kirk provides volunteers one Saturday a month to work on Habitat houses in the Wake County area.
- Guatemala Village Partners trip: The Kirk has cultivated a relationship with the community of Pala in Guatemala. Twice a year, in August and January, volunteers with our Guatemala mission team go visit our friends there.
- Appalachia Service Project: Kirk youth spend a week every summer repairing houses through ASP. Young Adults are welcome to attend along with the youth.
- Kirk Community Garden: The Kirk has a community garden that is available for anyone to work in and to harvest from. A percentage of the produce from the garden is donated to local food donation centers.
- Don’t see anything that calls to you? One of the focuses of the Kirk is to support individuals when they feel the Spirit leading them to address unmet needs in the community. If there is an opportunity that you are being called to address, try exploring it at the Kirk.
Can’t attend church right now?
Here are a few resources to help feed you spiritually.
- The Daily Prayer App PC(USA)
- d365 Daily Prayer website
This is a website that provides a chance to take abreak from the busy demands of life to spend some time in prayer and reflection.
This is an app that provides meaningful music, entertainment, and information for Christian young adults.