Presbyterian Women (PW)
Presbyterian Women (PW) at the Kirk is part of a church-wide organization whose membership is open to all women. When a woman joins the Kirk she is automatically a member of PW. Active members are women who choose to participate in or be supportive of the organization in any way. PW offers leadership and service opportunities, women’s circles and several fellowship events each year.
Circles at the Kirk
A Circle is a group of women who meet for warm, small group fellowship, Bible study, and service. Circles meet at the same time on the designated day of the month from September through May in either the Kirk fellowship hall or members’ homes and meetings last about two hours.
What Happens During a Typical Circle Meeting?
Members meet and greet each other, catch up with each other’s lives, and enjoy refreshments. The group takes care of business — this might include hearing news from the PWCoordinating team or planning a service project such as serving a dinner at the Helen Wright Center for Women in Raleigh. Someone leads a Bible study lesson. The Least Coin offering and pledges are collected. Members share good news, sad news, and prayers.
A variety of circles are offered at the Kirk, some during the day, some at night
- Martha Circle – 2nd Mondays at 9:30 am in homes of members
- Joy-Ruth Circle – 2nd Thursdays at 9:00 am in the Kirk Fellowship Hall
- Lydia Circle – 2nd Tuesdays at 7:00 pm in homes of members
- Junia Circle – Contact the church office to confirm their meeting time and location
- Affiliate Circle – Does not meet but prepares meals twice per year for the Helen Wright Center for Women in Raleigh
We would love to have you join a group, contact the Kirk office for more information.