Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
A Community of Faith
A Welcoming Home to All
Reaching In and Reaching Out
Rooted in Christ’s Teachings
The Kirk of Kildaire is a safe and gracious community that welcomes you to explore your faith. Guided by the teachings of Jesus Christ, we strive to accept, love and support each person, develop each member’s unique gifts and grow disciples through worship, Christian education, fellowship and mission.
Core Values at the Kirk of Kildaire
At the Kirk we share some core values that we hold dear. These behaviors are guiding values of how we, as Session and staff, will work to embody the gospel in our lives in this congregation.
1) Christian: We value following Christ. We continue to be a people who seek to faithfully follow and joyfully serve Christ as we are guided by the Holy Spirit.
Scripture: Luke 9:23; Matthew 4:14-25
2) Hospitality: We intend to embody the welcoming grace and love of Jesus Christ for all of God’s children whoever they are and wherever they are on their journey of faith.
Scripture: Romans 15:7; Hebrews 13:1-2
3) Love in Action: We intend to put into practice what we preach and teach in lives of service.
Scripture: James 2:18;Luke 10:25-37
4) Growing and Serving: We value both the journey inward which gives focus to spiritual growth and the journey outward which seeks to actively serve a world in need.
Scripture: Romans 12:1-2; John 20: 21-23
5) Meaningful Worship: We pursue worship experiences that are intellectually challenging, emotionally engaging while seeking to speak to a variety of spiritual types.
Scripture: Colossians 13:16
6) Discipleship: Membership includes a call to be involved in ministry inside or outside the life of the Kirk. Members seek to discern their call based on passions and gifts.
Scripture: Ephesians 4:4-7;11-17
7) Faithful Stewardship: Financial Stewardship and Fiscal responsibility are important for the health of the congregation.
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 8:1-7;2 Corinthians 9:7-8
8) Caring for the Earth: We pledge to be good stewards of God’s creation. In our life together we will express our care for God’s earth through worship, education, outreach and use of our facilities.
Scripture: Genesis 1:26-30;2:15
9) Peace, Justice, and Reconciliation: We strive to be ambassadors of reconciliation: working for peace and justice in our families, our community, and the world; welcoming the stranger; and reaching out to the least of those among us.
Scripture: Isaiah 9:6-7; Micah 6:8; 2 Corinthians 5:16-20
– approved by the Session, February 16, 2014