Grade 8 and above
Confirmation classes are offered to Kirk youth during their 8th grade year. The 8th grade confirmation year is one of discovery and experience. It’s a chance to ask and attempt to answer questions of faith in a relaxed, fun, and safe environment with others who are on the same journey.
If your youth is interested in participating in confirmation this year, please fill out a registration form and return it to Pastor Jordan Davis. Please don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions, 919-467-4944 or email@example.com.
Goals for Confirmation Class
Upon successful completion of the Confirmation Class, youth will be prepared to
- Take next steps on their faith journeys
- Be baptized or confirm their baptismal vows
- Declare their Christian faith
- Accept commissioning to faithful church membership
According to the Presbyterian Church (USA) Book of Order (G-5.0102), “A faithful member accepts Christ’s call to be involved responsibly in the ministry of his Church.
Such involvement includes:
- proclaiming the good news
- taking part in the common life and worship of a particular church
- praying and studying Scripture and the faith of the Christian Church
- supporting the work of the church through the gifts of money, time, and talents
- participating in the governing responsibilities of the church
- demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church
- responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others
- living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social relationships of life
- working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment”