Grade 8 and above
A Note from Pastor Amanda…
Confirmation classes are offered to Kirk youth during their 8th grade year. The 8th grade confirmation year is one of discovery and experience. It’s a chance to ask and attempt to answer questions of faith in a relaxed, fun, and safe environment with others who are on the same journey. I am very excited to begin this journey with you all!
If your youth is interested in participating in confirmation this year, please fill out a registration form and return it to me. This will greatly help in my planning. Registration forms are available at the youth kiosk in the Narthex, from me or by clicking here. Please don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions, 919-467-4944 or email@example.com.
Goals for Confirmation Class
Upon successful completion of the Confirmation Class, youth will be prepared to
- Take next steps on their faith journeys
- Be baptized or confirm their baptismal vows
- Declare their Christian faith
- Accept commissioning to faithful church membership
According to the Presbyterian Church (USA) Book of Order (G-5.0102), “A faithful member accepts Christ’s call to be involved responsibly in the ministry of his Church.
Such involvement includes:
- proclaiming the good news
- taking part in the common life and worship of a particular church
- praying and studying Scripture and the faith of the Christian Church
- supporting the work of the church through the gifts of money, time, and talents
- participating in the governing responsibilities of the church
- demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church
- responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others
- living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social relationships of life
- working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment”